Pie is to Thanksgiving as fireworks are to the 4th of July. For many, pie is the favorite part of this holiday feast. Whether pumpkin, sweet potato, cranberry, or pecan, everyone is able to save a small space in their stomachs for this most delicious grand finale. But pie, as you know, is only as good as its crust. The crust is the difference between spectacular or satisfactory. If you or any of your guests are gluten-free, you may be apprehensive about whether or not pulling off spectacular is even an option. It is; this gluten-free crust recipe will be sure to put your pie at the top of list.
- 1 1/2 cups of Outrageous Baking Gluten-Free Flour, or flour mix of your choice
- 7 Tablespoons chilled butter. If using unsalted butter add 1/2-3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vinegar ( apple cider, rice or white is fine)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3-5 Tablespoons of ice cold water.
- Blend all ingredients except cold water in food processor or mixer
- Add cold water last.
- Roll between two pieces of plastic wrap and then place into pie pan dough may fall apart a but but can just reshape it.