Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Write a review
- 4 med ripe bananas smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter and/or butter alternative like Earth Balance (I prefer the red container one as there is no soy in it but you could use oil as well)
- 3/4 cup sugar, I used palm sugar to reduce the glycemic index
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup Outrageous Baking Gluten-Free Flour Mix ( or could use 1 1/4 cup OB flour and 1/4 cup almond flour for a little more protein)
- I also added about 1tbsp chia seeds but it is optional
- Mix butter and bananas
- Add sugar, egg, vanilla, & salt
- Then add the flour with the baking soda. Mix until incorporated.
- I just mix by hand with a fork or a wisk, can use a hand mixer but be sure not to over mix.
- Grease and flour bread pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 55-60 minutes
- Great snack for kids lunches.
- Could also make muffins out of the batter and add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, whatever you like!
Outrageous Baking http://www.outrageousbaking.com/